Monterey County Business & Education Research Institute
The Monterey County Business & Education Research Institute (MCBERI), formerly known as Business Education Student Transitions (BEST), a 501(c)(3) corporation, was formed in 1996 to bridge the gap between businesses, employers, educators and students in Monterey County by facilitating the formation of lasting relationships amongst these groups, with the goal of ensuring that students gain skills and knowledge necessary to enable them to become productive members of the business world.
Recent achievements of BEST and successor MCBERI include:
- Formation of a formal collaborative partnership agreement with the Monterey County Business Council (MCBC) – a nonprofit alliance of business professionals – to further the education and community development mission of both organizations, expanding the public-private continuum for the shared goals of workforce training, value-added job creation and economic diversification in the region.
- Hosting of the 13th Annual Recognition Luncheon, celebrating successful business/student partnerships, school-to-career programs, individual student achievements and distinguished business organizations. 180 students, parents, educators and business members attended this county-wide event..
- Sponsorship of an annual Non-Traditional Career Fair, providing an opportunity for students throughout Monterey County to meet employers, see job demonstrations and participate in hands-on career activities, such as construction, fire safety, and cosmetology.
- Successful application for $25,000 SBC Excelerator grant from the SBC Foundation to implement the Monterey County Entrepreneur Support Network, in collaboration with MCBC. This initiative will promote entrepreneurship, provide connections critical to building new smart-growth businesses, build a higher-paying job base, and create a critical-mass business network from within and outside the borders of Monterey County.
- MCBERI sponsors the Central Coast Career Readiness Consortium (CCCRC) program throughout the year with the implementation and ongoing success of the program in over 12 ROP programs in Monterey County.
Tax ID: 77-0426183
P.O. Box 2746
Monterey, CA 93942
Joe DeRuosi, Chair