We are excited to welcome Pebble Beach Vice President of Sales & Global Business Development and Chairman of Corporate Sales for the 2019 US Open Championship to talk about the business impact of the upcoming US Open hosted at Pebble Beach Resorts.
Monterey County Business Council Monthly Luncheons are for MEMBERS ONLY.
Some fun facts about the US Open:
· The US Open will generate $175M of economic activity throughout the County, and will raise $3M for charity.
· This year, Pebble Beach celebrates its centennial anniversary and hosts the 2019 U.S. Open Championship at Pebble Beach Golf Links, June 10 through June 16.
· This is the second time the USGA and Pebble Beach will partner to celebrate a centennial anniversary – Pebble Beach hosted the 100th playing of the U.S. Open in 2000, and now the USGA and Pebble Beach will host the 2019 U.S. Open during the 100th anniversary of Pebble Beach.
· Pebble Beach Golf Links was the first public golf course to host a U.S. Open in 1972, and today, no other course has hosted the Championship more times in the last 50 years.
· This is the sixth U.S. Open Championship hosted by Pebble Beach (1972, 1982, 1992, 2000, 2010, 2019), and Pebble Beach will also host the first U.S. Women’s Open in 2023, and its seventh U.S. Open in 2027.
· Some of the greatest players in golf have won a U.S. Open at Pebble Beach, including Jack Nicklaus in 1972, Tom Watson in 1982, Tom Kite in 1992, Tiger Woods, in record-setting fashion, in 2000, and Graeme McDowell in 2010.
Special thanks to the County of Monterey for its ongoing support of the Monterey County Business Council’s efforts for economic development and education.
1 McClure Way
Seaside, CA 93955