What is the Monterey County Business Council?
A membership only organization, the Monterey County Business Council is a 501(c)(6), comprised of professionals from business, government, and education working together on countywide issues. Founded in 1995, the non-profit corporation seeks to promote the concept of private-public partnerships by bringing business experience and techniques to the public arena.
Why is there a Business Council?
A business voice is needed to remind our elected and appointed officials where the money comes from to support their decisions — from jobs and taxes — and to balance special interest pressures.
IF THE BUSINESS COUNCIL DID NOT EXIST TODAY IN MONTEREY COUNTY,
BUSINESS LEADERS WOULD CREATE ONE!
Focus on Key Issues
The Council will focus on three key issues as we move forward in the 21st Century:
- Workforce Development
- Economic Development
- Create greater alignment among the activities of business, government, education, media, health and foundation / community based efforts
- Build coalitions around key community issues
- Develop strategies that support the development of jobs & business opportunities
- Work to improve the business climate to retain and expand existing businesses and the recruitment of new businesses
- Work to align workforce services with business needs
Special thanks to the County of Monterey for its ongoing support of the Monterey County Business Council’s efforts for economic development and education.