Welcome to monterey County Business Council
A membership only organization, the Monterey County Business Council is a 501(c)(6), comprised of professionals from business, government, and education working together on countywide issues. Founded in 1995, the non-profit corporation seeks to promote the concept of private-public partnerships by bringing business experience and techniques to the public arena.
- Create greater alignment among the activities of business, government, education, media, health and foundation / community based efforts
- Build coalitions around key community issues
- Develop strategies that support the development of jobs & business opportunities
- Work to improve the business climate to retain and expand existing businesses and the recruitment of new businesses
- Work to align workforce services with business needs
Why is there a Business Council?
A business voice is needed to remind our elected and appointed officials where the money comes from to support their decisions — from jobs and taxes — and to balance special interest pressures.
Focus on Key Issues
The Council will focus on three key issues as we move forward in the 21st Century:
- Workforce Development
- Economic Development
Special thanks to the County of Monterey for its ongoing support of the Monterey County Business Council’s efforts for economic development and education.